We are required to confirm your identity before you may join the credit union in line with the Anti-Money Laundering and related regulations.
When you complete our online membership application form you will be asked for details of your passport or driving licence and we will do an online identity check. If you don’t have these documents, or the online check is inconclusive, don’t worry, we will contact you requesting alternative identification documents.
Our identification requirements are that you produce proof of who you are and where you live.
Please bring or post original documents to our branch at The Square, 53-55 Victoria Square, Bolton, BL1 1RZ
If you post original documents to us, there may be a charge for their secure return.
List A: There should be at least 1 item from the list for proof of identity
- Valid passport
- UK Photocard Driving Licence (full or provisional)
- UK/EU Photo National ID Card (containing date of birth)
- Birth certificate
- Benefit award letter containing name and National Insurance Number
- Firearms certificate or shotgun licence
- Identity card issued by the Electoral Office for Northern Ireland
List B: There should be at least 1 item from the list for proof of identity
Government or agency issued document (printed not hand written) which incorporates your full name and residential address such as:
- Utility Bill, e.g. Gas, Electric, Water of Telephone Bills (not more than 3 months old)
- Bank / Building Society / Credit Union Statement
- Mortgage Statement
- Council tax letter
- Latest Benefit award letter (If not used as ID in list A)
If you work for one of our partner employers and do not live in the area you will also be asked for proof of employment.
In all cases we must see current / up to date copies of the above.
If you do not have any of the above documents we will consider a combination of items that may include bank cards, NI cards, NHS cards, wages slips, mail order catalogue statements, life insurance statements or other officially published documents.