Check your eligibility and join us
Hoot is a Co-operative and Community Benefit Society and members are bound by credit union rules. As a member of the credit union you are expected to abide by the rules. A copy of the rules is available from the credit union on request. This is available free of charge in electronic format at any time or as a hard copy if requested within 3 months of your membership commencing. After that hard copies will be charged at £3.
Key points regarding your membership contained within these rules are:
- By joining the credit union you are agreeing with its social goals.
- You must retain a minimum balance of £1 to remain a member of the credit union.
- As a condition of membership you must save regularly with the credit union to a maximum amount of £15,000.
- You have access to your savings at any time by means provided by the credit union; unless your savings are attached to a loan according to any loan agreement you have signed.
- You agree to pay back any loan you have according to the signed agreement.
- You may withdraw your membership at any time in accordance with the rules.
Click below to check your eligibility to become a member of Hoot.